Many new trees are being planted in Namibia today. But who takes care of our old trees? – BüllsPort. With its “My Quiver Tree” initiative. And with a competition, in celebration of Namibia’s Arbour Day. The price: The adoption of a quiver tree in the NAUkLuFT. And a stay of two nights…
Quiver tree sponsors help with nature conservation
The “My Quiver Tree” initiative offers everyone the opportunity to adopt a quiver tree. It doesn’t matter whether you live in Namibia or anywhere else in the world. You can choose your “adoptree” using the interactive satellite map and photo gallery – see here.
Every sponsorship helps BüllsPort to preserve the realm of the quiver trees in its 43 km² private nature reserve in the NAUkLuFT mountains. There are three categories of sponsorships: yellow, green and gold. All ensure that BüllsPort’s nature conservation does not have to be limited to the bare essentials.
Win a yellow sponsorship and a stay…
On the Day of the Tree in Namibia, BüllsPort Lodge & Farm is launching a small competition. How to take part? Easy:
Answer 1. Question: Why do you like quiver trees? And mail the answer to BüllsPort.
2. Visit BüllsPort’s Facebook page and click “like” / “follow” (if not clicked yet). Because only followers of BüllsPort’s Facebook page can take part in the raffle.
3. Share BüllsPort’s Facebook post about Arbour Day on your own page. Because only Facebook users on whose side the BüllsPort post is visible can take part in the raffle.
4. And do all of this by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, 11 October 2021, at the latest.
What exactly can you win?
1. A YELLOW ADOPTION of our ambassador quiver tree in the quiver tree gorge in the NAUkLuFT mountains at BüllsPort Lodge & Farm
• with a personal certificate of adoption (as a PDF document)
• with regular news from the realm of the quiver trees in the NAUkLuFT on BüllsPort (Facebook, website, quarterly newsletter)
• with a discount of 25% on the price for dinner, bed and breakfast for any stay at BüllsPort Lodge & Farm (does not apply to specials) within the duration of the adoption of two years; the discount is also transferable
More about this on our page about the quiver tree adoptions.
2. A free stay of 2 nights for 2 people on our campsite at the old police station, near the Quiver Tree Gorge – to meet and hug your “adoptree” ;))
More about the campsite you can find here.
Terms & Conditions
The closing date for entries is Monday, 11 October 2021, at 8 a.m.
The raffle will take place on Friday, 15 October 2021. Only submissions that contain a sensible answer and come from senders who follow the BüllsPort Facebook page and shared the BüllsPort post about Arbour Day on their page will be considered have shared.
BüllsPort Lodge & Farm employees and their relatives are excluded from participating in the raffle.
The winner will be announced on BüllsPort’s Facebook page on Friday and notified by email.
The sponsorship certificate and the voucher for the camping stay are sent as PDF documents by email.
The voucher is transferable and is valid for stays until 31 October 2022. The equivalent value cannot be paid out in cash. Travel costs are to be borne by yourself.
As usual, the judges’ decision is final.
Newsletter “Naukluft Mail”
Direkt aus der NAUkLuFT in Ihre Mailbox: Neuigkeiten, Infos und spannende Geschichten zu Gast- und Farmbetrieb von BüllsPort und zur Bergwelt der NAUkLuFT. Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter “Naukluft Mail”, der alle drei Monate erscheint.